lunes, 22 de abril de 2013

23rd April, World Book Day

















On 23rd April we celebrate de World Book Day.
Remember it's said that Miguel de Cervantes and William Shakespeare died on that same day in 1616. Although that is not exactly the truth, that is the day chosen for such a celebration.
We would like to contribute with our humble work.
Here you are our translations into English of the last part of "Don Quixote". We hope you enjoy the reading and post your vote for the one you like best.



““Y con esto cumplirás con tu cristiana profesión, aconsejando bien a quien mal te quiere  y yo quedaré satisfecho y ufano de haber sido el primero que gozó el fruto de sus escritos enteramente, como deseaba, pues no ha sido otro mi deseo que poner en aborrecimiento de los hombres las fingidas y disparatadas historias de los libros de caballerías, que por la de mi verdadero Don Quijote van ya tropezando y han de caer del todo sin duda alguna”. Vale”.




1.- And with this you  will fulfill your Christian obligation, well advising those  who wish you bad and I will be pleased and happy to have  been the first who enjoyed entirely the result of his writing, as I wished, thus my desire was not other than set in hatred to men the false and foolish tales on romances, like my truly Don Quixote they are already stumbling and must fall, without doubt, at all.

2.-And you will satisfy your Christian faith with this: giving good advice to  those who wants your bad, and I will be satisfied and proud because I have been the first who enjoyed entirely the fruit of his writings, as he wanted, as no other was my desire, so that people got bored with the false and crazy stories of the books of chivalry, as by the one of my true Don Quixotes  they  are strumbling and they are going to fall without doubt. Thats all.

3.-And with that you will carry out your Christian profession, giving  good advice to those who don’t like you, and I am going to be satisfied due to the fact that I was the first who enjoyed his writings eternally just as he wished. I have only the wish to make this crazy and absurd story about books of chivalry and there are some people who are going  to find “Don Quixote” and there is no doubt that more people will. Done.

4.-You will fulfill your Christian vocation  while advising well  those who might hate you. Then, I will be satisfied as well as proud of having been the first one that entirely enjoyed the result of his writings as he had wanted me to do so. Actually, it has  been my wish to stir up feelings of hatred  among men towards the false and crazy stories of  knighthood novels. Therefore, let there be no doubt that they are already stumbling and falling down completely by the true Don Quixote. Let it be that way.

5.-And with this you will carry out your Christian career giving some good pieces of advice to  someone who wishes you not very good things and I will be satisfied and proud of having been the first who enjoyed his handwriting fruit as he wished , because it has not been other my wish that put in men hatred the pretended and ridiculous stories of  chivalry books which by my true Don Quixote which are tripping and they have to fall down without doubt. I wish it was in this way.

6.-And with this you carry on with your Christian profession, advising well those who want badly to you and I´ll be satisfied and proud of having been the first who enjoyed the fruit of his writings entirely, as he wished me to, because it was not any other my desire but threaten the abhorrence of men for the fake and nonsensical stories from chivalry books, that for my true Don Quixote are already stumbling and they must fall entirely without any doubt. OK.

7.-And with this you will satisfy  your Christian profession, advising good to those who want you bad and I will be pleased and proud of having been the first who enjoyed the fruit of your fully writings, as he desired, well it has not been other my desire but to put in detestation of the men the false and foolish histories of  chivalry books, that of my true Don Quixote they go yet stumbled and they have to fall completely without a doubt. Okay.


8.- And with this you will expire with your Christian profession, advising well to those who badly love you and I will remain satisfied and proud of having been the first one who enjoyed the fruit of his writings entirely, since he was wishing, because my desire has not been any other but to put in abhorrence of the men the feigned and ludicrous histories of the books of chivalries, which for that of my real Don Quixote are stumbling already and falling completely in due time. OK.

9.-And with this you will carry out your Christian profession, while advising well those who love you wrong, and I’ll stay satisfied and proud being the first one who has enjoyed the fruit of his writings entirely, as he desired, It was not another my desire that to put into the hatred of men, the false and foolish tales of books of chivalry, according to my true D. Quixote, which are already stumbling and they must fall entirely without any doubt, so it will be.

10.- And with that you will fulfill your Christian profession, advising well to whom wants you bad and I will be satisfied and proud to have been the first who enjoyed  his writings entirely, as he wished, because it hasn’t been any other my desire but to put in hatred of man the false and foolish stories of chivalry books, that by my truthful Don Quixote, they are already stumbling undoubtedly. Voucher

11.-And with this you will fulfill your Christian duty, providing proper advice to those who love you wrong and I will be delighted and proud of being the first who enjoyed the produce of your entire writing, as he wished, because my only wish has been to put on their proper place the faked and crazy stories from the chivalry books, as due to my truly Don Quixote, they are already trembling and will finally fall without any doubt. Fine.

9 comentarios:

  1. Hello!
    I have enjoyed reading our masterpieces. But if I have to chose between them, I'd selected the number 11.
    That was a great experience, wasn't it?
    By!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think it´s late for my vote...however I vote for everybody!!!
    you´re amazing!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It's never too late to post your vote. Try although the Book Day has passed
    Thank you very much for all your work

    ResponderEliminar